Sunday, September 16, 2007

Make It Slow

Eight years ago, I realized that time is precious thus I should try my best to do every thing as fast as possible, in the meantime, never neglect even a tiny period of time, even the 10 minutes between classes. Later I found out that as a human being, I have to get some rest, so I did have some fun in the 10 minutes break. But the habit to do things fast has been kept until now, since it is actually a part of my born characteristics.

Usually when I did something very fast, I was driven by the strong desire to complete it. All the strong desires are a torture to our hearts.

Now, I realize another more important truth, that a peaceful heart is most enjoyable and couldn't be sacrificed for anything else. The fact is, when you do something under a peaceful heart without haste, you could do it more efficiently. This is a wise and natural choice after comparison.

Just keep yourself clear of what you are up against and what you should do, then do it one by one, step by step without any haste. Make it slow.

No comments: